Blue Eyes White Dragon Global duration and stacking

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Blue Eyes White Dragon Global duration and stacking

Postby flexei » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 am

The Blue Eyes White Dragon Global ability states, "Pay bolt and knock out one of your monsters to reduce the cost of the next die you buy by 2 energy".

I ~think~ I know the answers to my question but just want to be certain.

Question 1) If this ability is used during my opponents turn, or during my attack step, does the effect last until my next main step? I know effects generally don't last beyond the end step, but I believe previously all effects have targeted dice/characters. I wondered if this one, since it affects the player and refers to something that can only be done in the main step behaved any differently (and since the global would be infinitely more useful if it lasted beyond an end step).

Question 2) If the ability is used twice, knocking out 2 of my own characters, my next die purchase would be reduced by 4 correct? (as long as that does not take the total below 1)
flexei

Re: Blue Eyes White Dragon Global duration and stacking

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:23 am

1) If used during your opponent's turn or during your Attack Step (or during your Main Step and you purchase no more dice this turn), it doesn't carry forward. The effect goes away at end of turn because it isn't a While Active effect.

2) If the ability is used multiple times, it reduces the cost of the next die by 2 times the number of times it is used (to a minimum of 1). For example, if you used Blue Eyes White Dragon's Global Ability 3 times, you could reduce The Winged Dragon of Ra: Solar Deity's cost by 6, and pay a single Bolt to purchase it.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions