Norman Osborn Global with no Target

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Norman Osborn Global with no Target

Postby kengi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 am

The Green Goblin - Norman Osborn Global Ability is:

Green Goblin - Norman Osborn wrote:Global: Pay [1 Bolt] and knock out one of your Sidekick characters to deal 2 damage to a target character.

If I only have one sidekick in my field and my opponent has no characters fielded, am I permitted to use the global ability to knock out my Sidekick so that I have more dice next turn? Or am I not allowed as there is no target to select for the damage?
kengi

Re: Norman Osborn Global with no Target

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:25 pm

kengi wrote:The Green Goblin - Norman Osborn Global Ability is:

Green Goblin - Norman Osborn wrote:Global: Pay [1 Bolt] and knock out one of your Sidekick characters to deal 2 damage to a target character.

If I only have one sidekick in my field and my opponent has no characters fielded, am I permitted to use the global ability to knock out my Sidekick so that I have more dice next turn? Or am I not allowed as there is no target to select for the damage?

The short answer: yes.

When you would select to use the ability, there is a legal target (the Sidekick). After paying for the ability, there is no longer a valid target. As a result, it does nothing.

For other abilities, when you choose to use them, there must still be a legal target.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions