Starhawk - Precognition Teamwatch multiple triggers

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Starhawk - Precognition Teamwatch multiple triggers

Postby nickroca » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:03 pm

I have a question about a previous ruling (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11332)

Starhawk - Precognition
Teamwatch - when you field a character who shares an affiliation with Starhawk, that character and Starhawk both get +2A this turn.

If I have a Starhawk already in the field and then I field Draxx, who shares a Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation with Starhawk, both of them get +2A.

On the same turn, I field an Antman die, who shares the Avengers affiliation with Starhawk, after fielding Draxx. Then which of the following options happens?

1. Teamwatch triggers, giving Starhawk an additional +2A and giving Antman +2A too.
2. Teamwatch triggers, but Starhwak already got +2A, so he doesn't get and additional +2A and Antman would get it's +2A.
3. Teamwatch doesn't trigger again.

I think the more logical option is 1. It would be so, because as it is an ability that triggers when a character is fielded when the character who's ability is triggered is active (such as Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie). Besides the description of Teamwatch says that the condition for it to trigger is for a character with a specific affiliation to be active, and another character with the same affiliation to be fielded.

Teamwatch: Teamwatch abilities reward you for having characters that share an affiliation. When a character with Teamwork is active and you field another character with the same affiliation, you’ll get a bonus.
nickroca

Re: Starhawk - Precognition Teamwatch multiple triggers

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 pm

nickroca wrote:I have a question about a previous ruling (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11332)

Starhawk - Precognition
Teamwatch - when you field a character who shares an affiliation with Starhawk, that character and Starhawk both get +2A this turn.

If I have a Starhawk already in the field and then I field Draxx, who shares a Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation with Starhawk, both of them get +2A.

On the same turn, I field an Antman die, who shares the Avengers affiliation with Starhawk, after fielding Draxx. Then which of the following options happens?

1. Teamwatch triggers, giving Starhawk an additional +2A and giving Antman +2A too.
2. Teamwatch triggers, but Starhwak already got +2A, so he doesn't get and additional +2A and Antman would get it's +2A.
3. Teamwatch doesn't trigger again.

I think the more logical option is 1. It would be so, because as it is an ability that triggers when a character is fielded when the character who's ability is triggered is active (such as Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie). Besides the description of Teamwatch says that the condition for it to trigger is for a character with a specific affiliation to be active, and another character with the same affiliation to be fielded.

Teamwatch: Teamwatch abilities reward you for having characters that share an affiliation. When a character with Teamwork is active and you field another character with the same affiliation, you’ll get a bonus.

1. Teamwatch triggers, Starhawk gets an additional +2A, and Ant-Man gets +2A.

This is true of Teamwatch, and is also true of other triggered abilities like Human Torch.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions