R Poison Ivy

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

R Poison Ivy

Postby jackalopespam » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:15 am

When fielded, choose an opposing character replacing all previous choices.

While Poison Ivy is active, when that character die attacks field a 0A and 2D Plant Token. While Poison Ivy is active, if a Plant Token is KO'd, target player loses 1 life.

When she chooses an opposing character, can she choose a specific token? For example, could she choose Sentinel token? Also, does the character need to be active at the time of choosing?
jackalopespam

Re: R Poison Ivy

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:42 pm

Yes, Poison Ivy can choose a specific token because tokens are considered to be “level 1 Character dice”.

When Poison Ivy is fielded, the opposing character die needs to be active. This ability should state:

When fielded, choose an opposing character die replacing all previous choices.
dmrulesteam

Postby jackalopespam » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Does this mean that Poison Ivy could also choose a sidekick die in the field?
jackalopespam

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:59 pm

Sorry we were not more specific. It would be a non-Sidekick character die.

When fielded, choose an opposing non-Sidekick character die replacing all previous choices.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
dmrulesteam

Postby m4sterp » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:40 pm

Just to go full circle on this: does the The Joker: Obsessive ruling (https://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16416&p=34477) mean that Poison Ivy also triggers for each copy of the die that attacks?
m4sterp

Postby jbouwme » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:20 am

For clarity, when I field Poison Ivy, if I choose a Sentinel token, generated by Master Mold: Endless Sentinels, would Poison Ivy’s effect trigger for each Sentinel token that attacks?
jbouwme

Postby dmrulesteam » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:57 pm

Just to go full circle on this: does the The Joker: Obsessive ruling mean that Poison Ivy also triggers for each copy of the die that attacks?

Yes.
For clarity, when I field Poison Ivy, if I choose a Sentinel token, generated by Master Mold: Endless Sentinels, would Poison Ivy’s effect trigger for each Sentinel token that attacks?

Yes. Refer to the update for Poison Ivy in https://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.ph ... c7d530e790

General Note:
When submitting a follow-up question to a post that is over 30 days old, it would be better to initiate a new post and refer back to the original question. This way you will receive a timelier response. Rarely do we go back to canvass older posts for follow-up questions. Thank you.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions