Besmirch BAC

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Besmirch BAC

Postby rpettafor » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:17 pm

The BAC Besmirch reads
target opposing character die loses it's ability text until the end of turn
Energize - deal target character die 1 damage

If I roll the energy face to trigger the energize ability would this trigger effects that trigger when action dice are used eg
Jimmy Woo - skilled investigator
While Jimmy Woo is active, when you use an action die, spin target opposing character die down one level or spin target level 1 character die to an energy face.

Or attune?
rpettafor

Re: Besmirch BAC

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:50 am

Yes. The Energize keyword is a part of the ability on Besmirch and the resolution (i.e. using) of this keyword ability is the rolling of a “2” energy face on the Basic Action die.

Note: If the Besmirch Basic Action die is rerolled outside of the Roll and Reroll Step (e.g. by the ability of Storm: The Storm Goddess Comes or the global ability on Acererak: The Eternal) and it rolls an energy face, its Energize ability cannot be initiated.

Edit: Disregard the Note above (underlined portion). This is incorrect and stated in error.
dmrulesteam

Postby rpettafor » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:15 pm

Your note about it not triggering for effects like storms has brought up an additional question about energize.
If I use the Pyro global

Global: Pay bolt. Draw and roll 2 dice from your bag. Keep any bolt results rolled. Return the rest to your bag.

And draw a bolt die with an energize ability and a mask die with an energize ability, and roll double energy on both, which outcome is correct
A, they both trigger energize and the mask die goes back to my bag,
B, the bolt die triggers energize, then the mask die goes back to the bag,
C, neither trigger energize and the mask die goes back to the bag
rpettafor

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:52 pm

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Disregard the Note portion of the ruling. It was stated in error.

In the Pyro global scenario, option B is the correct resolution.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions