Clarification on Eratta for Spider-Man

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Clarification on Eratta for Spider-Man

Postby panzervike » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:08 am

As stated, "Spider-Man's ability is intended to replace his attack. He would be unblocked when the defending player declares blockers, could use his ability at the same time as a 'when blocked' ability, and then would go to the Used Pile."

I'm not sure what this means. The reason I ask is that I take "He would be unblocked when the defending player declares blockers" to mean that regardless of him being assigned a blocker, he can use his ability.

Can he use his ability if blocked now?

Please clarify and thank you.
panzervike

Re: Clarification on Eratta for Spider-Man

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:32 pm

panzervike wrote:As stated, "Spider-Man's ability is intended to replace his attack. He would be unblocked when the defending player declares blockers, could use his ability at the same time as a 'when blocked' ability, and then would go to the Used Pile."

I'm not sure what this means. The reason I ask is that I take "He would be unblocked when the defending player declares blockers" to mean that regardless of him being assigned a blocker, he can use his ability.

Can he use his ability if blocked now?

Please clarify and thank you.

Spider-Man cannot use his ability if blocked. It happens at the same time that, "When blocked," abilities do. We wanted to clarify the timing, it doesn't change the circumstances under which you can use the ability.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions