Constantine SR Ignore Timing

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Constantine SR Ignore Timing

Postby kengi » Mon May 11, 2015 11:05 am

Constantine - Hellblazer wrote:While Constantine is active, before your opponent's Clear and Draw Step, you may name a character. If that character is fielded this turn, ignore its text until end of turn and it cannot attack this turn.

Green Goblin - Gobby wrote:When fielded, Green Goblin deals 1 damage to your opponent for each Sidekick in the field (count your Sidekicks only).

In the following situation, what happens?

1) I field Constatntine - Hellblazer, naming Green Goblin - Gobby
2) Following turn, opponent rolls a Gobby, uses a Power Bolt and Vulnerability to KO my Constantine - Hellblazer
3) My opponent then fields Gobby

Is Green Goblin - Gobby's text still ignored?
kengi

Re: Constantine SR Ignore Timing

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 am

kengi wrote:
Constantine - Hellblazer wrote:While Constantine is active, before your opponent's Clear and Draw Step, you may name a character. If that character is fielded this turn, ignore its text until end of turn and it cannot attack this turn.

Green Goblin - Gobby wrote:When fielded, Green Goblin deals 1 damage to your opponent for each Sidekick in the field (count your Sidekicks only).

In the following situation, what happens?

1) I field Constatntine - Hellblazer, naming Green Goblin - Gobby
2) Following turn, opponent rolls a Gobby, uses a Power Bolt and Vulnerability to KO my Constantine - Hellblazer
3) My opponent then fields Gobby

Is Green Goblin - Gobby's text still ignored?

Yes. “While active” only applies to the card’s first sentence—i.e., when the card is named. The remainder of the ability (“If that character is fielded this turn…”) does not require Constantine to be active. If Constantine needed to still be active, the second sentence would read, “While Constantine is active, if that character is fielded this turn…”). This is also consistent with the prior ruling concerning Deadpool – Jack. See http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewto ... 169&p=4818 (ruling that the character Deadpool – Jack forces to be a blocker is knocked out at the end of turn even if Deadpool has been knocked out because the “effect resides on the character, not on Deadpool”). Constantine's effect resides in the named die as Jack's resides in the blocker.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions