Beholder (Master Aberration) and Imprison w/Distraction

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Beholder (Master Aberration) and Imprison w/Distraction

Postby comicherou00016 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Beholder (Master Aberration) - If this is the first die assigned to attack this turn, you may immediately use each of the basic action dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice.

Imprisoned - This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent (return the captured die to the field).

Distraction - Your opponent targets two of his or her characters. Those characters cannot block (this turn).

Global: Pay [Mask] to remove one attacker from the attack zone to the field.

***Can I attack with Beholder to activate imprison, then distract beholder to not damage my opponent keeping the dice imprisoned as long as I don't damage my opponent? May I continue to compound this effect each turn as long as I have energy and targets available?

-Thanks.
comicherou00016

Re: Beholder (Master Aberration) and Imprison w/Distraction

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Beholder (Master Aberration) - If this is the first die assigned to attack this turn, you may immediately use each of the basic action dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice.

Imprisoned - This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent (return the captured die to the field).

Distraction - Your opponent targets two of his or her characters. Those characters cannot block (this turn).

Global: Pay [Mask] to remove one attacker from the attack zone to the field.

***Can I attack with Beholder to activate imprison, then distract beholder to not damage my opponent keeping the dice imprisoned as long as I don't damage my opponent? May I continue to compound this effect each turn as long as I have energy and targets available?

Yes and yes. The ruling at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5912&p=13890&hilit=beholder#p13890 confirms that Beholder’s ability may be used to use the ability of Imprisoned, and the remainder of your question is consistent with the rules.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions